Reasons for a New Roof in Greater Tulsa
An inspection can help determine if it's the right time for a new roof
More than just shingles. When you have new roofing installed, the job can also include new flashing around the chimney or vent pipes.
The need for new roofing is more obvious in some cases than others, but the decision is always important. Roof installation or replacement is a significant investment that has a big impact on the appearance, value and function of your home.
Bone Dry Roofing specializes in both roof replacement and new roof installation in Oklahoma. There are many reasons to install a new roof, which is why our expert roofers will inspect your home's roof and help you decide if roof replacement is necessary and worth the investment.
If you rent out a home, are planning on selling your home, or if your roof is more than 20 years old, Bone Dry Roofing suggests having your roof inspected to assess any damage and determine if the roof can be repaired or if it's time for a new roof. Contact us today to schedule an estimate for roof installation or replacement in Greater Tulsa, including Owasso, Sapulpa, Bixby and nearby.
Top reasons for roof replacement
Signs of damaged roofing
- Missing, broken or torn shingles
- Shingles that have cupped or curled along their edges
- Heavy growth of mold or moss on major expanses of roofing
- "Bald" shingles that have lost their granules
- Roof leaks in multiple places
- Rotted roof sheathing
It's important to replace your roof at the right time. Waiting too long to replace your roof or installing a new roof before it's necessary could end up costing you. Our roof inspection can help determine whether your home is in need of a new roof or if roofing repairs and maintenance are enough.
Unless there are obvious signs that you might need a new roof, like water coming into your home, you may be unsure whether roof replacement is the answer. Besides having a leaky roof, there are other reasons why it might be smart to consider roof replacement.
Here are four reasons to have new roofing installed on your house:
- Repairing storm damage: Storms can damage roofing in several ways. High winds sometimes blow roof shingles off the roof, creating obvious empty areas that need to be re-roofed. Indirect damage is also common: Wind causes tree branches or entire trees to come down on the roof, often damaging the roof structure as well as roof shingles. Rather than make spot repairs following storm damage, it's often smarter to replace the roof.
- Increasing home value: Even if your asphalt shingle roof isn't worn or damaged, it can make sense to replace your roofing to increase curb appeal and real estate value. Some homeowners decide to install new roofing as part of their preparation for selling a house. When combined with new exterior siding or an exterior paint job, new roofing can really make an older home look brand new. Apart from its aesthetic impact, a new roof offers a great deal of financial security to a prospective home buyer. The new owner won't have to worry about roof replacement or common roofing problems for a long time.
- Replacing a worn roof: Asphalt roof shingles typically last anywhere from 15 to 25 years. Unfortunately, factors such as storm damage, low slope, ice damming, and mold or moss growth can significantly shorten the life of any asphalt roof. If your roof has any of the characteristics described in the "signs of damaged roofing" sidebar, it's a good idea to replace the roof. Otherwise, you risk even more severe problems like rotted roof framing and leaks that can damage the house and its contents.
- Completing a major remodel: Are you planning to build an addition? How about adding some dormers or skylights? These major remodeling projects involve changes to your roofline and the installation of new roofing. Rather than have an unattractive mix of new and old roofing, many homeowners elect to have a total re-roof done as part of the project.
Trust the experts to install your roofing system
You can expect your roof to last somewhere around 20 years, but over time, your roof takes a significant beating. We understand that replacing your roof is a big investment, which is why our experienced roofing professionals will provide you with a high quality roofing system that will give you peace of mind. From the inspection, to the roofing installation, to the cleanup, you've come to the right place for roofing services that you can trust.
Give us a call at 1-844-205-5460 or fill out our online form for a roof replacement quote today! We proudly serve Sapulpa, Owasso, Bixby, Collinsville, Wagoner, Pryor, Coweta, Jenks, Glenpool, Skiatook, and nearby areas in Oklahoma.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.